prepASH Thermogravimetric Analyser for TGA Analysis
prepASH’s TGA instrument combines high performance, ease of operation, precision and integrity of measurement to maximise time & accuracy in TGA analysis, as well as traceability in all measurements.
prepASH gives automatic TGA analysis of Moisture, Volatiles, Ash, Fixed Carbon Special application for Coal & Coke as per ASTM no D 5142-09.
Combining furnace, high precision balance and automation, the prepASH Series enables a huge reduction in workload through the simultaneous TGA analysis of moisture, ash and volatiles content for up to 29 samples.
The three new models in the prepASH® 340 thermogravimetric analyser series represent the highest level of TGA analysis and offer a unique combination of the following important advantages :
TGA Thermogravimetric Analyser Key Features:
- Up to 29 samples can be analysed simultaneously
- Standalone control available to minimise benchspace and requirement for dedicated PC for control and data storage
- A single unit which combines drying oven, dessicator, furnace & analytical balance to free up valuable benchspace
- Dynamic TGA test measurement enabling early termination of run if weight loss ceases thus minimising run-times and reducing energy costs
- Enhancing health and safety in the laboratory by minimising handling of hot samples and/or concentrated acids as part of the analysis cycle
- Traceability and validation of results utilising the prepASH internal self-verification checks throughout the entire cycle.
Let us help you with your TGA Analysis using our Thermogravimetric Analyser
For further information about our TGA instrument, please simply contact us and we look forward to helping you.
|Model||Capacity||Readability||Temperature Range||No. of Methods||Pan Size||Dimensions||Weight|
|prepASH229||120gg||.0001g||Ambient to 1100°C°C||Unlimited||n/a||620*590*870||100||Get a quote|
|prepASH219||120gg||.0001g||Ambient to 1100°C°C||Unlimited||n/a||620*590*870||100||Get a quote|
|prepASH212||120gg||.0001g||Ambient to 1100°C°C||Unlimited||n/a||620*590*870||100||Get a quote|
Why prepASH TGA Thermogravimetric Analyser?
- Massive reduction of work-load through the simultaneous evaluation of the moisture and ash content of up to 29 samples in one cycle without dessicator
- Fully automatic TGA analysis with end-point recognition replaces drying oven and muffle furnace.
- High performance ceramic crucibles and turn-table enable operation at temperatures of up to 1000°C
- Freely programmable temperature profile and various stop-modes mean that each cycle can be specifically adapted to the sample undergoing test.
- Selectable atmosphere (N2, O2), exhaust option for measure sulphate-ash.
- Built-in high performance analytical balance enables direct weighing-in and continuous control of the analytical cycle and end-point recognition.
- Rotation of the turn-table and other features of construction provide homogenous temperature distribution and identical conditions for each sample.
- Fully automatic cycle ensures best reproducibility
- Graphical report of measuring values, either single or in groups, with sample recognition in colour.
- Software corresponds to the requirements of FDA CFR 21 Part 11.
- Measurements meet the requirements of DIN, ASTM, ICC and others.
- Carbon application per ASTM available.
TGA Test Level of Control
- Real time evaluation of loss of weight during the drying and ashing process is shown directly on the prepASH display and via network to external computer
- Print-out showing the weight changes of all samples either singly or in groups with sample recognition in colour
- Automatic calculation of results in chosen units
- Error free reports conform to GLP guidelines.
What is Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)?
TGA Analysis is a branch of thermal analysis which examines the mass changes of a sample as a function of temperature or as a function of time. Time is measured isothermally in an atmosphere of nitrogen, helium, air, other gas, or in a vacuum. Using temperature, a TGA test measures a sample’s weight as it is heated or cooled in a furnace. TGA is made up of a sample pan that is held up by a precision balance in a furnace. The gas inside the environment is controlled and can be inert or reactive gas. There is programmable control temperature which is usually increased at a constant rate to incur a thermal reaction.
Changes in temperature lead to changes such as vaporization, oxidation, desorption, absorption and decomposition which lead to a change in mass. Volatile products such as thermoplastics, thermosets, metals, paints, composites, fibers can be tested. Temperatures range from 25°C to 900°C. Sample weights can be between 1mg – 150mg, 10mg samples work particularly well.
prepASH Thermogravimetric Analyser (TGA)
The determination of dry weight and ash is one of the most important parameters in the analytical testing of various materials and substances. In food, pharma, paper, coal, chemical and many other industries, moisture and ash content help to identify physical qualities of a product and its price. But these kind of analyzes are time consuming and have a high error potential when performed in the traditional way in the drying oven, muffle furnace and precision balance.
The qualified technician is often overworked and the pressure of time and cost is a strain on the lab and its staff. The solution to this problem is simplification of routine operations and reduction of analysis cost. The new generation of prepASH series 340 Thermo Gravimetric Analyser from Precisa frees up resources in the lab and reduces costs and time of analysis. PrepASH Thermo Gravimetric Analyser is a fully automatic analysis system for thermogravimetric determination of dry weight, volatiles and ash.
It intelligently unites into one system ; the functions of a drying oven, muffle furnace and analytical balance, controlled by advanced software and a colour touch screen. In one working cycle, 12, 19 and even 29 samples are dried and ashed fully automatically. This results in up to 80% time savings. PrepASH Thermo Gravimetric Analyser operates within a wide temperature range from 50-1000 degrees.
Weighing curves are recorded for each individual sample. The entire process is recorded and monitored from start to finish and no transfer data loss occurs. We will go through how your routine analysis can be done with prepASH Thermo Gravimetric Analyser. You can pre-define complex operational sequences and set for each step temperature from 50-1000 degrees, time, process gases such as oxygen, nitrogen or air and let prepASH Thermo Gravimetric Analyser do the analysis. All parameters are saved as individual methods.
Steps to using Thermogravimetric Analyser (TGA)
Your routing moisture and ash analysis will be much more efficient with prepASH Thermo Gravimetric Analyser as you will need only 3 steps to execute.
Step 1 – Method Selection and Weighing In – Open the prepASH Thermogravimetric Analyser, choose your predefined method for the analysis. Enter the name for your samples via the touch screen, keyboard or bar code reader. Place your crucibles into the turntable and automatically tar them. After that start your weighing in procedure by loading in the samples into the crucibles.
Step 2 – Standalone TGA Analysis –After the weighing in has been completed, simply press the start button to begin your analysis, now the prepASH Thermo Gravimetric Analyser has started and will continue to measure the crucibles until each sample has reached the how to stop criteria. You can monitor your analysis on the display of prepASH Thermo Gravimetric Analyseror on the computer connected to the instrument. At the end of the analysis, prepASH Thermo Gravimetric Analyser will give you an acoustic signal. Switch off the heating system, cool down and open the lid.
Step 3 – Report Preparation – After the analysis, you can print out a ready report, save it on a memory stick or on your computer. The report shows all process parameters, graphics, weighing curves and results of each sample. Weighing curves are recorded over time for each individual test sample. This permits automatic end-point determination and control during the entire drying and ashing process.PC software prep data will help you with data evaluation, statistics and report evaluation.
It is very easy to work with PrepASH Thermogravimetric Analyser and keep your analysis under control. PrepASH not only offers you a unique combination of advantages but also improved operations into your lab. You will save time. PrepASH works automatically, it calculates and protocols the results. This means no more back weighing of the samples, pre-ashing, loading or unloading of drying oven and muffle oven furnace desiccators.
This can mean a workload reduction of up to 80%, you will create new time management. PrepASH works completely unattended and 24/7 if needed, which is a real bonus in time management. Analysis can be run at times not previously possible such as night. Your colleagues do not work at night but prepASH will.
Your results will be more precise and reproducible. Manual steps are the most frequent reason for inaccuracies. No more transfers of samples from drying oven, muffle furnace or desiccators. Critical samples can be treated with the optional process gas operation under definable conditions. You will have full control of analysis and documentation with prepASH Thermo Gravimetric Analyser you can do online monitoring of your analysis and all data of the measurements are stored and be reproduced on the PC.
With prepASH, you will automate your analysis, save workload up to 80%, optimise analysis up to 70%, increase number of analyses, improve accuracy and reproducibility, monitor and document your analysis process, start saving your time and money and improve the quality of your results.