Precisa Support and Services
Formed in 1982, Precisa is the exclusive distributor for the United Kingdom and Ireland for all Precisa Gravimetric products. Precisa have been manufacturing balances since 1935 with renowned Swiss quality and precision and are globally acknowledged as one of the leading balance manufacturing Companies. Through the support of our Swiss Company, we sell, support and service all Precisa balances from our UK HQ. To reduce product lead-time and delivery costs, we stock a wide range of balances in Scotland to enable quick and prompt delivery to customer sites around the UK & Ireland.
Our services don’t stop there. We are committed to continuing the legacy of product and service innovation, which is why we offer a range of after-sales services to all our valued customers, in addition to the support of Precisa balance sales.
Our experienced team of UK engineers are able to access to our Swiss R&D and Customer Service Centre for technical support and updates and are on hand to offer peace of mind, support and reassurance though the provision of the following services.
Precisa Balance Calibration
Balance Calibration is essential to ensure that your balance is displaying the correct measurement according to your country’s standards.
Precisa are fully accredited to deliver UKAS calibration services. Utilising fully-trained, experienced calibration engineers, we cover the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) and aim to respond within 48 hours to customer demands. We offer a range of standard and bespoke maintenance and calibration services to all makes and models of balances and provide a cost effective and professional service to meet all customers’ needs.
Upon request, we are also happy to deliver UKAS Calibration Services at our service facility in West Lothian, Scotland.
We now also offer 2-3 Year Calibration Service Packages. These offers are available to both new and existing customers, and have been carefully designed to meet your service requirements.
Find out more about our calibration services. Please get in touch with a member of our team today to discuss how we can assist you with your balance calibration.
Precisa Balance Servicing
During our bespoke engineer visits, we offer the following additional services:
- Check-Weight Calibration – Checks can be performed on check-weights that are used for calibration. This is done via comparison with our engineer’s certified sets of weights, utilising the optimal balance.
- Minimum Weight Check – These checks can be performed in conjunction with calibration and other services, and are required in several industries. The lowest accurate weight that can be measured is reported for the purpose of assessing the accuracy and precision of a balance.
- Verification/ Reverification – This is the process of accreditation, in accordance with NAWI standards, which is necessary to determine whether a balance is “Legal for Trade”. It is required in many industries such as precious metal recovery, pharmaceutical dispensing, bullion and jewellery markets.
- Temperature Check/Adjustment – These checks are specifically for moisture analysers, which utilise a heating element to measure loss on drying and moisture content. In addition to assessing and adjusting the balance element, we can perform checks and adjustment on these instruments to ensure they are correctly achieving/reporting temperature at either standard or specifically requested temperature points (in certain cases some manufacturer models may have limited adjustment options).
There are certain aspects of the above options that will be performed as standard. However, we offer the option of alteration on request, prior to the commencement of work. This may be necessary to better suit the usage or requirement of the customer.
If you have a particular service requirement, please contact us to arrange a one off visit from our team of experienced engineers, or to discuss the design of a tailored support plan to fit your needs.
Precisa Balance Repairs
At Precisa we recognise the importance of restoring older equipment while maintaining accuracy and precision. Therefore, our team of experienced engineers may be able to assist with fault diagnosis and repairs. Depending on the parts required and availability, we hold a range of spare parts which may be of use.
Get in touch with a member of our team today to find out if we can help with your balance repair requirements.
Precisa Balance User Assistance
All our balances come with comprehensive brochures and software manuals to assist users and ensure that they can be used to their full potential. To help you out, we have placed them all in a convenient Downloads section on our website for quick and easy reference.
What’s more, on the News section of our website we have many handy articles which may help you out, such as the following:
- Top tips to ensure accurate weighing
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and what it means for weighing
- When to replace your balance
- Weighing balances: frequently asked questions
Follow us on social media and sign up to our eNewsletter to be the first to hear about our latest articles, news and product updates.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries regarding the use of your balance or for more information on how we can assist you.